Jamestown Gateway Train Station
The first train arrived in Jamestown, NY in August 1860 when the Atlantic and Great Western Railway arrived. In 1930 the Erie Railroad, successor to the Atlantic and Great Western, built the fourth station along Second Street. The station was used by the Erie, and later the Erie-Lackawanna, railroads used the station, but it fell into disuse after the end of passenger trains. The station remained empty and abandoned until 2012 when it was restored and reopened as the Jamestown Gateway Train station.
Main hallway looking from the main waiting room toward the tracks.
View of the hallway looking toward the main waiting room.
No comments posted.
Recent PostsSyrian Monastery - Wadi el Natrun, Egypt Bait al Safah - al Hamra, Oman Arlington National Cemetery Letchworth State Park Battle of the Flowers at Carnival in Nice, France Kuang Daing Market on Inle Lake, Burma Camden Town, London Photographers To Know: Frank Horvat Chefchaouen Morocco Prasat Bayon